ADVISING FAIR 2013
Thursday, September 12th 11:30-1:30
@ The Red Barn/West Lawn
All undergraduate students are invited to join academic advisors for a fun-filled afternoon at the Advising Fair. A student ID is required. UofL Advising: R U Connected? #UofLAdvising
Follow us @UofLAdvising for updates about the event!
What to expect at the event:
FREE LUNCH! PEP RALLY!
Dunk your professors, administrators, and advisors in the dunk tank!
- Pose with your friends in the photo booth!
Compete with your friends in the 60 second basketball challenge game! Highest student score of the day receives their choice of a basketball signed by Coach Pitino or a football signed by Coach Strong!
Play a game of cornhole!
Enter your name into a drawing to win UofL gear, a basketball signed by Coach Pitino, or a football signed by Coach Strong!
- An "Ask An Advisor" information booth will be set up and advisors will be available to answer your questions. In addition, REACH will have representatives available at their booth.
- Pick up your Cardshirt if you haven't already!
Get to know academic advisors and other students. HAVE FUN!
Signature Event: PEP RALLY!!
Last year, a "Thriller" flash mob broke out on the West Lawn during the Advising Fair! This year, a UofL pep rally like no other will take place during the Advising Fair and ALL are welcome to join in the fun! Come to the Advising Fair dressed up in your UofL red and black and walk right up to the West Lawn to participate in the "Cards Cheer Zone" where you will help cheer the UofL Football team to a victory against UK!
- The UofL Cardinal Marching Band will be out on the West Lawn around 12:30 to lead students, advisors, faculty, and staff in the cheers (videos coming soon)!
- If you would like, you can meet up with the band at 12:10 in one of the following three locations: outside of the Speed School of Engineering, outside of the College of Education & Human Development, or outside of the residence halls (West Hall). Then, you can follow the band (and cheer) all the way to the West Lawn!
Dunk Tank schedule for the day:
||Role at UofL
||Assoc. Dean, Speed School of Engineering
||Dean, Kent School of Social Work
||Academic Counselor Sr., College of Education & Human Development
||Asst. Director of Admissions for Orientation Programs
||Asst. Director, University Honors Program
||Director, LGBT Center & Asst. Provost for Diversity
||Academic Counselor Sr., College of Arts & Sciences
The 6th Annual Advising Fair is sponsored by: The Office of Undergraduate Advising Practice, The Academic Center for Student Athletes, and the Student Government Association. If you would like more information regarding the 2013 Advising Fair please contact 852-4475.