College of Arts & Sciences Advising
Advising is required for the following students:
- All students with fewer than 24 earned credit hours
- Transfer students, upon initial admission and in their first semester
- All first-semester IUT (Intra-University Transfer) students
- Students with more than 45 earned credit hours who have not formally applied for, and been accepted into, a major program
- Students who are undecided or seeking admission into another enrollment unit at the university
- All students whose cumulative UofL GPA is below 2.0
- All students on conditional status
- All students readmitted to the university after sitting out more than 1 semester
- All approved English majors for Spring Semester courses only
- All approved Theatre Arts, Mathematics, French, Spanish, and Philosophy majors
- All approved Women's and Gender Studies majors for the Fall Semester course only
- Students who have missed their flight plan milestones
All approved majors are strongly encouraged to meet with their departmental advisor at the beginning of the senior year to make sure they are on track for graduation.
Where Do I Go for Advising?
- If you have been accepted into an A&S major program you are strongly encouraged to meet with your departmental advisor. Please contact your major department for information on their advising schedule.
- All approved majors should meet with their departmental advisor at the beginning of your final year to make sure you are on track to graduate. Additionally, you should request a Preliminary Degree Check via the A&S Advising website once you reach approximately 90 hours.
- If you are an A&S Honors student or a student enrolled in honors sections of A&S courses, call 502-852-6293 for an advising appointment.
- If you are interested in a major in Criminal Justice, call 502-852-2686 for an advising appointment.
- If you are interested in a major in Arts/Fine Arts/Art History, please email Theresa Berbet
- If you are interested in a major in Anthropology or Geography/Geosciences, call 502-852-5575 for an advising appointment.
- Student not advised in one of the above categories should call 502-852-5502, or come to the A&S Advising Center on the first floor of Gardiner Hall, to make an appointment.
For information concerning advising through the Arts & Sciences Center for Advising during non-registration times, please call:
- 852-5502 for freshman and sophomore information
- 852-6487 for junior and senior information