Arts & Sciences Advising
The College of Arts and Sciences requires advising for the following students:
- All students with fewer than 24 earned credit hours
- All students whose cumulative UofL GPA is below 2.0
- All first-semester transfer students
- All first-semester IUT (Intra-University Transfer) students
- Students with more than 45 earned credit hours who have not formally applied for and been accepted into a major program
- All students on conditional status
- All students readmitted to the university after a period of 2 or more years
- All approved Theatre Arts, Mathematics, French, Spanish, and Philosophy majors
- All approved English majors for Spring semester courses only
- All approved Women's and Gender Studies majors for the Fall Semester course only
- Students who have fallen off their flight plans
All approved majors are strongly encouraged to meet with their departmental advisor at the beginning of the senior year to make sure they are on track for graduation.
Where do I go for advising?
- If you have been accepted into an A&S Major program, you are strongly encouraged to meet with your departmental advisor. Please contact your major department for information on their advising schedule.
- All approved majors should meet with their departmental advisor at the beginning of your final year to make sure you are on track to graduate. Additionally, you should request a Preliminary Degree Check via the A&S Advising website once you reach approximately 90 hours.
- If you are an A&S Honors student (3.35+ g.p.a.) or a student enrolled in honors sections of A&S courses, call 852-6293 for an advising appointment.
- If you are interested in a major in Justice Administration, call 852-6567 for an advising appointment.
- if you are interested in a major in Anthropology or Geography/Geosciences, call 852-5575 for an advising appointment.
- Student not advised in one of the above categories should call 852-5502 or come to the A&S Advising Center, first floor, Gardiner Hall, to make an appointment.
For information concerning advising through the Arts and Sciences Center for Advising and Student Services in Gardiner Hall during non-registration times, please call 852-5502 for freshman/sophomore information and 852-6487 for junior/senior information.
Contact your academic advisor