Please submit your support letter using the file upload option (required field).
Letters should indicate the nominee's outstanding characteristics. The selection committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of the quality and practices that distinguish the nominee as an exemplary advisor. Such evidence may include:
- Advocates for students
- Perception by colleagues of nominee's advising skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Meeting advisees in settings outside of the advisors' office
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Mastery and utilization of appropriate informational and referral sources
- Participation in and support of intrusive advising to build strong relationships with advisees
- Embraces a teaching and learning model of advising
- Participation in and support of advisor development programs
- Commitment to integration of academic advising with career and life planning goals
- Supports university-wide and unit-specific advising initiatives, especially those that are designed to help the university improve student retention
- Commitment to accessibility of advisor to advisees and frequency of contact with advisees
- Has made a major contribution to the improvement of the quality of academic advising within home unit and/or campus wide
Your support letter should be prepared in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.