Provost's Awards for Exemplary Advising
One award is given each year in each of the following three categories:
- A full-time faculty member whose primary advising responsibility is advising undergraduate students.
- A full-time faculty member whose primary advising responsibility is advising graduate students.
- Advisor/Coordinator/Counselor or Administrator whose primary and current job responsibility is advising students.
*Past recipients of the award may be nominated, but they will not be considered for selection if they have received the award in the past five years.
2010-2011 Nomination Procedure & Letters of Support
- All nominations must include a letter of support from the nominator and 3-5 additional letters of support from faculty, staff, or students.
- All nominations and support letters must be submitted online.
- The deadline for submitting a nomination is Friday, December 17, 2010. Click here for the online nomination form.
Three to five online letters of support must be submitted by Monday, January 3rd, 2011. The online letters of support should provide clear examples of the nominee's exemplary performance. The letters of support should be from faculty, staff and students (letters from students are strongly encouraged). Click here to submit an online letter of support.
It is the responsibility of the nominator to solicit 3-5 letters of support and ensure they are submitted by the deadline published.
The names of the award recipients will be announced during the spring semester. These individuals will receive a paid trip to the 2011 National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) annual meeting. In addition, a gift to recognize the nominees and the award recipients will be presented at a reception held by Provost Willihnganz to honor the award recipients. The reception is being planned for April 2011. Specific details will be posted as they become available.