ADVISING FAIR 2013
Thursday, September 12th 11:30-1:30
@ The Red Barn/West Lawn
All undergraduate students are invited to join academic advisors for a fun-filled afternoon at the Advising Fair. A student ID is required. UofL Advising: R U Connected? #UofLAdvising
Follow us @UofLAdvising for updates about the event!
What to expect at the event:
- FREE LUNCH!
- Dunk your professors, administrators, and advisorsin the dunk tank!
- Pose with your friends in the photo booth!
- Compete with UofL men's basketball players in the 60 second basketball challenge game! Highest student score of the day receives their choice of a basketball signed by Coach Pitino or a football signed by Coach Strong!
- Play a game of cornhole!
- Enter your name into a drawing to win UofL gear, a basketball signed by Coach Pitino, or a football signed by Coach Strong!
- An "Ask An Advisor" information booth will be set up and advisors will be available to answer your questions. In addition, REACH will have representatives available at their booth.
- Pick up your Cardshirt if you haven't already!
- Get to know academic advisors and other students. HAVE FUN!
Dunk Tank schedule for the day:
|Time||Name||Role at UofL|
|11:30-11:45||Mike Day||Assoc. Dean, Speed School of Engineering|
|11:45-12:00||Terry Singer||Dean, Kent School of Social Work|
|12:00-12:15||John King||Academic Counselor Sr., College of Education & Human Development|
|12:30-12:45||Toree Parrish||Asst. Director of Admissions for Orientation Programs|
|12:45-1:00||Luke Buckman||Asst. Director, University Honors Program|
|1:00-1:15||Brian Buford||Director, LGBT Center & Asst. Provost for Diversity|
The 6th Annual Advising Fair is sponsored by: The Office of Undergraduate Advising Practice, The Academic Center for Student Athletes, and the Student Government Association. If you would like more information regarding the 2013 Advising Fair please contact 852-4475.