Project Graduate FAQs

Q: What are the criteria for Project Graduate?

A: You must meet the following criteria to qualify:

You must be an adult student (25+ years)
You must have been out of school for at least 2 years
You must have at least 80 transferable credit hours
You must be admissible to an undergraduate degree program (not Continuing Studies, Postbaccalaureate, visiting graduate level, etc.).

Q: I have 80 credit hours but some of them are from a community college, does that count?

A: Yes, but most programs limit these community college credits to 60 hours.

Q: I want to finish up my degree from University of Kentucky at UofL, can I do that?

A: Yes, we are working closely with UK to help any students who went to UK and are in the Louisville area.

Q: Do I have to complete the same degree I started?

A: No, UofL offers many degree programs and majors. The Organizational Leadership and Learning degree program in the College of Education and Human Development is very popular with Project Graduate students.

Q: I haven’t been in school for 30 years can I still come back?

A: Yes, Project Graduate students can return at any age. A university recently graduated a 70 year old man through Project Graduate.

Q: Are online classes available?

A: Yes, UofL offers a wide variety of online classes. Visit for more information.

Q: Can I test out of classes?

A: Yes, UofL allows credit by exam policies for CLEP, English, Foreign Language, and CIS 100. Visit for more information.

Q: Is a Project Graduate degree any less than a normal degree?

A: Project Graduate is not a degree, but a program that assists students interested in pursuing any UofL undergraduate program.

Q: How do I apply?

A: First, complete the Learner Profile so that we can learn more about your previous educational experience. If you meet the criteria listed above, you qualify for an application fee waiver. Contact the Project Graduate Academic Coordinator (502.852.4974) for the fee waiver code.

Q: Can I still apply for financial aid?

A: Yes, many Project Graduate students still receive financial aid and some scholarships. Visit for more information on scholarships for transfer students.

Q: Does U of L offer any options for childcare?

A: Yes, please go to the Early Learning Campus website at to find out more information.