Here at UofL, we like to make your transfer as simple as possible. See our condensed, printable checklist.
- Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admissions at louisville.edu/admissions/apply by paying your $50 application fee (If eligible, view our application
- Submit official transcripts directly from previous institutions via mail or email. Students are responsible for sending an official transcript from each individual college or university and fees associated with their request. Submit and official high school transcript with graduation date and ACT scores ONLY if you have earned less than 24 college-level credit hours
Official Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions Dept. AO
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
Send official electronic transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(only accepted directly from institutions)
After you are admitted steps:
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. (Priority Deadline: January)(UofL School Code: 001999). Make sure to do this BEFORE Nov. 1 for the spring semester, June 1 for the fall semester to allow time for processing. Be sure to cancel your financial aid when you are sure you will be transferring, no less than 30 days prior to the semester.
- Activate your online UofL account. Visit louisville.edu/admissions/activate and follow the easy steps. This includes your UofL email account and ULink. The ULink web portal provides you with online access to your application status, financial aid "To-Do" list and award summary, and other student services. Please begin to use your UofL e-mail after admissions.
- Completing orientation is a two-step process including 1) registration and 2) completion of either the on-line or on-campus orientation. Register here.
- Online* - $40 fee - If you register for the online orientation, it will be available on Blackboard under "My Organizations" the following business day. (Note: entering students into Blackboard is a manual process taking place at the end of each workday). To successfully complete the online orientation the assessment must be passed with a 70% percent of better.
- On-Campus - $40 fee - If you register for an on-campus session, you will receive a confirmation e-mail a few days prior to your session (parking and an agenda are posted on the website). View dates
After completion of your Transfer Orientation contact your advising unit for an appointment:
- College of Arts & Sciences: 852.5502
- College of Business: 852.7439
- College of Education & Human Development: 502.852.5597
- Dental Hygiene Program: 502.852.5081
- Honors Program: 502.852.6293
- Public Health: 502.852.3289
- School of Music: 502.852.0517
- School of Nursing: 502.852.1196
- Speed School of Engineering: 502.852.8084
- Social Work: 502.852.6402
- Monitor ULink and Cardmail for you financial aid to-do list and other important communications.
*If you complete online orientation you can attend on-campus for free!