Project Graduate FAQs
- Q: What are the criteria for Project Graduate?
A: You must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- You must be an adult student (25+ years)
- You must have been out of school for at least 2 years
- You must have at least 80 transferable credit hours
- You must be admissible to an undergraduate degree program (not Continuing Studies, Postbaccalaureate, visiting graduate level, etc.).
- Q: I have 80 credit hours but some of them are from a community college, does that count?
A: Yes, but most programs limit these community college credits to 60 hours.
- Q: I want to finish up my degree from University of Kentucky at UofL, can I do that?
A: Yes, we are working closely with UK to help any students who went to UK and are in the Louisville area.
- Q: Do I have to complete the same degree I started?
A: No, UofL offers many degree programs and majors. Organizational Leadership and Learning in the College of Education and Human Development is very popular with Project Graduate students.
- Q: I haven’t been in school for 30 years can I still come back?
A: Yes, Project Graduate students can return at any age. A university recently graduated a 70 year old man through Project Graduate.
- Q: Are online classes available? A: Yes, UofL offers a wide variety of online classes. Visit louisville.edu/online for more information.
- Q: Can I test out of classes?
A: Yes, UofL allows credit by exam policies for CLEP, English, Foreign Language, and CIS 100. Visit louisville.edu/admissions/apply/test-credit for more information.
- Q: Is a Project Graduate degree any less than a normal degree?
A: Project Graduate is not a degree,but a program that assists students interested in pursuing any UofL undergraduate program.
- Q: How do I apply?
A: First, complete the Learner Profile available at this link: louisville.edu/admissions/apply/project-graduate/learner-profile. Apply online in order to not be charged a processing fee.
- Q: Can I still apply for financial aid?
A: Yes, many Project Graduate students still receive financial aid and some scholarships. Visit louisville.edu/admissions/aid/scholarships/transfer for more information on scholarships for transfer students.
- Q: Does U of L offer any options for childcare?
A: Yes, please go to the Early Learning Campus website at louisville.edu/education/elc to find out more information.