ULEAD - Guaranteed Entrance to Dentistry
Students who complete the ULEAD program are automatically admitted to UofL's School of Dentistry (ULSD) if they score above the national mean on each section of the Dental Admissions Test (DAT) and maintain a 3.3 GPA. ULEAD students belong to the UofL Pre-Dental Society, attend ULSD meetings and conferences, participate in community service activities, interact with mentors, attend summer pre-dental programs and more.
Requirements to Apply:
Both Kentucky and out-of-state students are eligible to apply. Before beginning dental school, participants must have been awarded a bachelor's degree.
- 30 ACT or 1330 (CR + M) SAT
- 3.75 GPA
- Two letters of recommendation
- Documentation showing a minimum of 12 hours of dental practice observation included on resume
- Meet and maintain minimal technical standards listed at louisville.edu/dental/students/dmd/admission/ulead .
- One essay concerning how you arrived at this career goal, your journey to this point, and your goals for the future; a demonstrated interest in providing care to under served populations is desirable (400 words or less).