Activate your account
Welcome to the University of Louisville!
Before you log in to any of UofL's online services, you will need to activate your UofL account.
- Go to louisville.edu/userid and get your user ID using your Social Security Number (SSN) and your date of birth. Write your user ID and 7-digit student ID down or copy/paste them into a document so you can grab it for the next steps.
- Go to ULink, our student portal, at louisville.edu/ulink.
- Put in your user ID you got in step 1 in the user ID box (note: ID is not case sensitive).
- Next will be your password. Your default password will be the following:
- First 2 letters of your first name (lower case)
First 2 letters of your last name (lower case)
an exclamation point (!)
the last 4 digits of your numerical student ID
Example: John Smith, with a numerical ID of 123456, has a default password of josm!3456. We know, it's a little weird, but it's set up this way to protect you from identity theft and other mischief.
- Click submit. If it's successful, you should be encouraged to set up your new UofL password. Follow the link to set up your new password. You will also be able to set up challenge questions, which will allow you to reset your password if you forget it.
- If you are still an applicant, you can check your application status online. Visit ULink, and follow the directions "for first-time users." Log in, click on the "student services" tab and find "view my application status."
- Once you re-set your password, you can begin using your UofL e-mail. Visit cardmail.louisville.edu to log in.
- To login please use your userID@cardmail.louisville.edu and your re-set password.
- Now you are all set. You will log on to ULink to register for your classes, and access your grades, your financial aid package, and tuition bill. If you have any problems with any of the steps above, please contact the Help Desk at 502-852-7997 or at email@example.com.