Suggested Summer Reading
Summer is a perfect time to take an adventure by reading a great book, and we want to offer some suggestions from UofL faculty as well as AP teachers from across the nation. Hopefully these books will engage you and help broaden your mind while you start thinking about college.
Now is also a great time to visit campus! Our campus visit program is offered Monday - Friday beginning at 10:15 a.m. and one Saturday a month at 10:30 a.m. Check available dates and times. Enjoy your summer journey and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-852-6531 if we can help with anything!
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot
- The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
- Beloved - Toni Morrison
- The Color of Water - James McBride
- A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
- Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison
- Silent Spring - Rachel Carson
- Kindred - Octavia Butler
- Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston
- This I Believe - Edited by Jay Allison and Dan Gediman (also this year's Book-in-Common)